Don’t we just love Starbucks? And don’t we love Starbucks Chai latte more than anything else on earth! I sure do. I can live on it.
However, we do not have a Starbucks in Chandigarh 😦 so I tried recreating some chai latte, starbucks style at home. It turned out quite like the Starbucks kind. Here’s the recipe for you to try at home:
Cardamom – 4 (green and black in equal quantities)
Ginger – 2 inch piece or 1 tsp ginger powder
Crushed peppercorns – 5 to 6
Cinnamon – 2 small stalks or 1 tsp cinnamon powder
Tea leaves – 1 tbsp
Water – 1 cup
Milk & sugar – as per choice
- Crush all the dry ingredients together (cardamom, ginger, peppercorns, cinnamon).
- Bring the water to boil in a saucepan and add the dry ingredients to it. Let it boil for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add tea leaves to the boiling water and let it brew for 1 minute. If you wish to store the mixture for later use, then stop at this step, let the mixture cool and bottle it up and store in the refrigerator.
- Add sugar to taste and the milk. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Enjoy in your favorite mug.
Let me know how you make yours xx